Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frixos

PTS : 7362

Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8  Empty
PostSubject: Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8    Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8  Empty2014-03-21, 18:21

Hello everyone! Ok so I normally played Arkham City (Original retail version) on my PC back home, but now I am a uni student and I have to play it on my laptop. It's pretty good except I got a weird problem with GFWL for the first time, it wouldn't launch with the game.  Anyway I searched around the web a bit and I found a fix and thought I could share with you guys! No uninstalls no nothing here it is:  

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/batman-arkham-city-games-for-windows-live-doesnt/1147f8e6-a66a-431a-a88b-bcfb197a329b?page=5

It's MViti comment:

So i tried all the solutions stated in the thread... NONE helped me... Then i found one of my own and it all worked like charm.. I am with Win 8 64bit... I believe that my solution is applicable to all 64bit OSes... Since GFWL is made for 32bit systems when we install it on a 64bit the following files:
xlive.dll
xlive.dll (Security Catalogue)
xlivefnt.dll
xliveinstall.dll
xliveinstallhost.exe
are installed in “Windows\SysWOW64 instead of "windows/system32" where GFWL looks fro them once Batman starts...
All you have to do is copy the files above from SysWOW64 to system32... in the Windows folder... it's the only thing that worked for me Wink
Good luck Very Happy

Now on to my problem: The game crushes as soon as I am about to beat down Mr. Freeze! The crash report reads: ''Fatal error! QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011 387507 27-09-2011 18:18.21 (Wwise:2011.1.0 #3886) Game''. And then there's a bunch of errors saying (filename not found). I will try and attach a screenshot. The only solution I found is to downgrade my driver and I don't want to do that cause I don't think it will work and I don't really know how and don't want to mess up anything else cause I play other games as well. Please help! Arkham City is my favorite game ever!
Back to top Go down
Frixos

PostSubject: The Crash Report   Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8  Empty2014-03-21, 18:25

Back to top Go down
Frixos

PostSubject: Re: Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8    Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8  Empty2014-03-21, 19:17

LATEST UPDATE FROM GFWL: Don't know how many of you knew that GFWL would be closing down but essentially they said you just wouldn't be able to buy new stuff anymore but use the stuff you already got. For Arkham City's case skins, Nightwing, Robin etc. Well turns out with the latest update I can't access Riddler's Revenge (Challenge mode). So now GFWL won't pop up to allow me to log into my account, so we are back at square one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8    Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8  Empty

Back to top Go down

Arkham City Crashes and gfwl doesn't pop up fix for win8
Page 1 of 1