Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best game from the Arkham series ?

Go down 
3 posters

Batman : Arkham Asylum
What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_lcap11%What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Batman : Arkham City
What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_lcap56%What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Batman : Arkham Origins
What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_lcap11%What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Batman : Arkham Knight
What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_lcap22%What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Sam_Wayne93

Sam_Wayne93

PTS : 7678

What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best game from the Arkham series ?   What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Empty2015-07-29, 08:58

I want to know guys what for you is the best game from the series ?

For me , its Arkham City for sure ! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://batmanarkhamgames.forumotion.com
mavado

mavado

PTS : 7203

PostSubject: Re: What is the best game from the Arkham series ?   What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Empty2015-07-29, 20:10

Overall it will always be City. But here's my order of preference.

1. Arkham City - My all time favourite. They better do a remake of this in the new AK engine!
2. Arkham Origins - Better boss fights...best story script in the series IMHO and also pretty original. I also love the soundtrack.
3. Arkham Asylum - Started it all.
4. Arkham Knight - Apart from gfx and bit of tweak in the combat I don't see anything worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Omega1

Omega1

PTS : 7453

PostSubject: Re: What is the best game from the Arkham series ?   What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Empty2015-07-30, 00:21

Arkham Origins is my favorite for the following reasons:

- A story worth a damn, not only is it well told but actually delves into subject matters that makes Batman so compelling (something that non of the other Arkham games came close to doing).
- Characters are well written and designed compared to the other Arkham games.
- Fantastic soundtrack.
- Boss battles that are actually boss battles, and good ones at that!
- Batman/Bruce Wayne actually shows emotion, unlike the Robotman we get to play as in the other Arkham games.
- A more consistent art design which shows a more realistic visual experience compared to the first two Arkham games.
- Batcave as a hub area (something Rocksteady completely ignores, so much for "being the Batman")!
- A better selection of Batsuits (not to mention the best default/original Batsuit of the Arkham series).
- No shoehorned sidekicks (Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl).
- No Paul Dini (giving the Joker a silly cartoon sidekick named Harley Quinn made me cringe as a child when she was first introduced, and it makes me cringe even more now as an adult)!

I know my opinion is somewhat controversial, but I felt the need to state it as I think Arkham Origins gets a lot of undeserved hate just because it wasn't made by Rocksteady.

With all that being said, I can acknowledge that Rocksteady introduced some interesting gameplay mechanics that works well for a Batman game, but I am glad Arkham Knight is their last Batman game (hopefully), as I have had enough of their Michael Bay style Batman concept/vision, from hulk Joker, to the mind numbing concept of Joker blood being some sort of zombie virus that turns people infected with it into the Joker, yeah, enough of that crap!
Back to top Go down
mavado

mavado

PTS : 7203

PostSubject: Re: What is the best game from the Arkham series ?   What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Empty2015-08-02, 05:56

^ haha actually agree on all. It seems I played B:AO way more than any other. I really hope WB Montreal does another batman game with new engine. I can only imagine some awesome boss fights. I don't know how many times I replayed the first Bane encounter with the JPV Azrael outfit...good times!

Also adding that the Cold heart DLC was a proper "DLC" and well worth the money...unlike the junk is out there for AK with a very high price tag....hoping season of infamy makes it worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best game from the Arkham series ?   What is the best game from the Arkham series ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1